While on the way to find each local YMCA, he asked why I did not just join the gym, and I explained to him that I practice yoga exercises at home and sometimes my exercises and really do not feel is necessary for a gym membership. His response was predictable: "... Yoga is not something that just stretching?"
I grinned, knowing the issue and began to explain to him the theme of this article. As I said to him, and for those who may not know another way: No, Yoga is much more than just a sprain or a fall in an awkward supposedly looking for poses and positions.
It is a combination of stretching, breathing exercises, meditation, and perhaps the most overlooked limb compliance with proper nutrition.
The word yoga, from the Sanskrit word meaning yoke or Yu bind and is often interpreted as "union" or a method of discipline. His ultimate goal is to unite man with God and the universe in one breath. In addition, it aims at the liberation of the spirit, mind and spirit are equally involved in its practice.
Yoga really is the oldest existing system of physical culture in the world. In addition to being systematic and scientifically proven way to achieve physical, it retards aging, rejuvenates and improves the appearance of their supports and increases the elasticity of life and the creative part of life.
With its core workout known as the Sun Greetings (which is somewhat similar to gymnastics exercises known as "burpees), the inversion poses, forward and backward bending poses, balancing exercises for the arms and the building account, the average practice would indicate that to achieve fitness , yoga can stand on its own.
Think of yoga can help to create a force? Think again. Hell, I defy the greatest experience of the body builder to carry out a simple but powerful peacock submitted within 90 seconds in a row. Bet you, they would crash halfway through his performance, if they make it that far.
Yoga offers a unique breathing exercises, which are excellent for patients with respiratory disorders and even singers and speakers, and with a unique relaxation pose, practiced often times during and after his execution, yoga offers a systematic means of deeply relaxes the body, perhaps no other way exercises can be. (Keep in mind, of course, that some of the poses to deep massage the entire body is not much different from those obtained in the shops ... just thought I should throw that in.)
A large number of books, DVD, video, and classes are offered for all ages and levels of fitness and experience (some of them are actually free for the first few lessons to try yoga out), I suggest you give it a trial and see for yourself that it can do.
One thing I promise you this, you will go out of his class, and nod in agreement that, yes, "Yoga is much more than just stretching." This exercise.


No comments:
Post a Comment